Paper Change Bag
Make your own Change Bag:
- Take two paper bags, lunch bag size or larger, and trim ½ inch from the top edge of one.
- Place the shorter bag inside the taller bag.
- Glue the top of both sides and the back of the bag edges together.
- Leave the front side open so that you can slide your hand between the two bags.
- You can now hide a silk scarf or other production item in this secret pocket and, by holding the front edge closed with your fingers, tip the bag upside down to show that it is empty.
- You will need a small red square, a small yellow and a larger orange square square of tissue paper.
- Before you go in front of the audienc teake the larger piece of tissue paper and fold it so that you can slide it into the open side between the two bags.
- Spread the top of the bag open and hold the front side firmly closed as you tip the bag so the audience can see that it is empty.
- Show the two smaller squares of tissue paper.
- Put these two pieces of paper together and place in the Magic Bag.
- Open the bag and act surprised when you look inside.
- Slide your hand into the hidden compartment and pull out the larger piece of tissue.
This principle of having a hidden compartment is used in many magic effects. You can vary the the trick by the things you use in the hidden pocket.